Introduction about Tamkeen
Tamkeen for Legal Aid and Human Rights is an independent, non-governmental organization, established on October 10th, 2007, which aims to strengthen the exercise of basic rights and freedoms by all segments of society, especially marginalized groups, including working children, women, refugees, people with disabilities, and others, in accordance with national legislation and international covenants. Tamkeen specializes in working to enhance the protection of workers, whether Jordanians, migrants or refugees, as well as combating human trafficking and strengthening social protection and the rule of law.
Tamkeen works on building the capacities of governmental and non-governmental agencies, providing services and consultations to those in need, empowering them and informing them of their rights and duties, and providing specialized programmes in the field of human rights, women´s rights by raising public awareness about the rights and duties of all relevant parties. In addition, Tamkeen reports and studies on topics related to its specialization.
Tamkeen works to enhance cooperation and coordinate efforts between various stakeholders such as: national bodies and institutions, associations and civil society organizations, in addition to activists and workers in the protection of human rights field. Tamkeen also works to establish relationships and partnerships with organizations in other countries in order to protect the rights of Jordanian and non-Jordanian workers.
Introduction about the project
EuroMed Feminist Initiative (EFI) in partnership with Tamkeen for Legal Aid and Human Rights, and Business Development Centre (BDC) are implementing in Jordan a second phase of program, titled “Towards stronger economic participation of women in Jordan” funded by the European Union (EU). The overall objective of the program is to promote women´s economic participation at the labour market. The project is implemented in nine areas: East Amman, Jerash, Ajloun, Irbid, Ramtha, Zarqa, Azraq City, Ain Al Basha and Karak.
Scope of Work
Tamkeen for Legal Aid and Human Rights seeks the services of a training Partner in a consultancy service contract to design and deliver a simplified course on Financial Literacy for 200 women owning businesses or potential owners of businesses in Jordan. Women will be divided over 20 training courses; each one will be for 1 day.
The 200 women who shall receive the basic knowledge to enable them to understand basic finances and financial tools, and simple financial management strategies, particularly in relation to E-Wallets as a tool for women’s economic and financial inclusion. Thus, the training will provide the women with the framework on E-Finance, including E-Wallets; introduce them to the available options in Jordan, and demonstrate their structure, how to open such wallets and conduct financial transactions through these wallets.
Ultimately, the Financial Literacy Training aims to improve resilience and self-reliance of the trained women and ensure that they are better equipped to make sound financial decisions, effectively interact with financial service providers and achieve their financial goals.
The objectives of the assignment are:
- Training Framework and material are developed and designed, including practical examples.
- 20 training courses are delivered to 200 women, with 10 women in each course.
- 200 women who received the Financial Literacy Training.
- The Financial Literacy training content.
- A final training narrative report summarizing all 20 trainings.
- A final assessment report after the 20 trainings showing the women’s experience in the training program, level of gained skills and knowledge, satisfaction of the training program, and ways the gained skills and knowledge will be used by women in the future. These will be based on pre- and post- assessments conducted for each of the 20 trainings.
Duration for the Training Consultancy
The Training Consultancy is expected to be carried out between 19/02/2023 and 21/03/2023 for a period of 1 month.
The activities timeline is expected to be agreed with Tamkeen as follows:
- Selection of the 200 women, in collaboration with Tamkeen by 20/02/2023.
- Content Development and submission to Tamkeen due on 23/02/2023.
- Training Implementation to be done between 28/02/2023 and 16/03/2023.
- Final assessment report by 21/03/2023.
|Activity||Expected delivery date|
|Selection of the 200 women||20th February 2023|
|Content Development and submission||23rd February 2023|
|Feedback from Tamkeen||27th February 2023|
|Training Implementation||28th – 16th March 2023|
|Draft assessment report||19th March 2023|
|Feedback on the draft report||20th March 2023|
|Final report submission||21st March 2023|
Qualification and Experience of Training Partner:
- Degree or professional diploma in a relevant subject, i.e., business management, finance, education and economics or related fieldPrior work experience in financial sector or digital finance related work
- Attainment of a teaching/training qualification or equivalent relevant experience in developing and delivering trainings.
- Demonstrable significant experience of designing, delivering and managing the development of group and individual training programs.
- Experience in assessing and evaluating trainees learning journeys.
Submission of Technical Proposal and Evaluation Criteria
The Training Consultant shall submit a technical proposal including a cover letter, portfolio of similar training modules designed and implemented, CV(s) of trainer(s), action plan and budget. The proposal must be submitted in English.
Selection Criteria of the Training Consultant:
Technical proposals received will be assessed according to the following criteria and standards:
CRITERION 1: Technical experience based on the training portfolio (maximum 4 points out of 10 for the Application as a whole. Minimum of 2 points).
CRITERION 2: Professional profile and experience of the Trainer(s) (maximum 2 points out of 10 for the Application as a whole).
CRITERION 3: Budget (maximum 2 point out of 10 for the Application as a whole).
CRITERION 4: Action plan (maximum 2 point out of 10 for the Application as a whole).
The submission of the proposal:
Technical proposals and other documents should be submitted in English by email to (email@example.com) indicating the reference: “Training Consultancy – Financial Literacy”.
The deadline for submission is 9 February, 2023 We thank all applicants for their interest in working with us. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.